28.2.12

Billie Turnbull for Please - Wig




I was commissioned to make a Courtney Love inspired wig for PLEASE Magazine for Billie Turnbull to wear.

I looked back at old Courtney references again, and created a wig with her trademark deliberately un-done tousled hair. I kept the fringe long, messy and naturally moveable, so as Billie moves, the fringe does too.

I cut the wig to the length that Courtney's hair sometimes reaches, and I also dyed in some secret yellow and orangey parts, that only really show when photographed under flash lighting. This helps to give variation between the shots on film taken with natural light, and the shots taken on film with flash.

I finished the wig with some dry shampoo to give the ends of the hair that bleach-messed look.

Photography - Saga Sig
Styling - John William
Makeup/Wig/Nails - Bea Sweet
Model - Billie Turnbull @ Select

No comments:

Post a Comment